Gaythorne Club News
The Brisbane Festival organisers have identified Gaythorne Bowls Club as a location for one of their free Street Serenades concerts on Friday 25th September 2020
The Street Serenades performance will be on Friday 25 September from 6.30 to 7pm.
This is an outdoor performance and will be an eclectic mix of Queensland’s best contemporary live music.
See link Street Serenade for further information: https://www.brisbanefestival.com.au/whats-on/street-serenades#bandwagon
This event provides us with a great opportunity to show-off our location and facilities.
In conjunction with the Street Serenades, we will have food available and live music inside the club from 7pm, as well as bare foot bowling and our Frisday Night regular jackpot 8 ball competition.
Please promote these events to your family and friends as it is a good way to get the club recognised in the local community.
Gaythorne Bowls Club are commencing FREE Introductory LEARN TO BOWL Sessions as part of the Brisbane city Council GOLD program
As from Tuesday the 4th August 2020, Gaythorne Bowls club will be starting Tuesday Afternoon Mufti Bowling.
We are introducing Tuesday afternoon bowls from 1.00pm to 4.15pm, with a break at 2.15pm for tea/coffee & biscuits.
The format will be self-select triples & pairs if there is an odd number.
Single entries are most welcome.
The dress code is mufti. It is open to both males & female players at a cost of $15.
To play Tuesdays– please put your name on list on the notice board at the Club
or phone the club from 11.00am on the day on 3855 2725.
We are trying to discourage walk-ins as it makes it difficult for the selectors to sort out teams..
On the first Tuesday of every month it will be a club selected triples game.
This will enable the Gaythorne & Ashgrove Bowls Clubs to get to know each other & better integrate moving forward.
In summary -
Tuesday Afternoon Bowling
1.00pm – 4.15pm (break at 2.15pm)
Tea & biscuits during break
Dress Code - Mufti
Triples & pairs for numbers
All are welcome Good bowling
Dear Member and Friends of Gaythorne Bowls Club.
The Gaythorne Bowls and Community Club has now reopened as of 3rd July 2020
However, we are in a ‘NEW NORMAL’ situation as COVID-19 Phase 3 restrictions still apply.
What does ‘NEW NORMAL mean?
Essentially all parts of the club are open including the bar area, all bowling activities can resume under normal playing conditions, competitions can resume, there will be a return to wearing club uniform for Saturday bowls, and other users of our facilities can return.
However, social distancing restrictions are still in place and these can be legally enforced by the police issuing on the spot fines. Social distancing must be observed at all time, and this applies to on the greens, as well as outside and inside the club house.
We have been informed that over recent weeks the police have visited a number of bowls clubs in the area to check that COVID restrictions are being observed.
Also, there are restrictions on the number of people allowed inside the clubhouse at one time.
Please read the two documents which set out the NEW NORMAL operating levels for people using our Club and Bowling Greens. We have also added these guidelines to each section of the Web Site.
For Opening times please have a look at our Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/gaythournebowlsclub/
COVID-19 General Advice for Level 3 Restrictions (3rd July 2020):
- People who have COVID-19 symptoms or have had contact with a known or suspected case of COVID-19 or travelled internationally in the last 14 days, must not come to the Club.
- To fully comply with Queensland Government regulation in regard to COVID-19 tracing, all club members must complete the attendance sheet at the main entrance to club, including in and out times, every time you come to the club. This is a condition of entry.
- Government on-the-spot- fines for not social distancing are still in force. These are $1334 for individuals and $6,670 for businesses (our Club).
- The detection of a positive COVID-19 case in a sporting or recreation club or organisation will result in a standard public health response, which could include quarantine of a whole large group of people, and their close contacts, for the required period, and closure of the facility.
FOR BOWLERS ON AND AROUND THE GREENS
- Bowlers must practice social distancing of 1.5 metres, at all times.
- On the greens, 1.5 metres physical distancing rule is to be observed. Use marks on the rink, as indicators for appropriate separation.
- Bowlers should bring their own water bottles.
- Bowlers should as much as practicable remain outside the clubhouse.
- No hand shaking.
- Only one bowler at a time should be at ‘the head’ to give instructions or to measure.
- Do not touch another person’s bowls or lifter. Use your feet to move bowls or jack.
- Other bowls equipment cannot be shared between players (e.g. bowls, measures).
- Players should practice safe hygiene at all times, including use of hand sanitiser and washing hands before, during and after bowls.
- Mats and Jacks to be sprayed and wiped with sanitiser after play, and before storage in box.
- Bowlers rolling up when the club is closed, must register their name on the sheet on the front door of the club.
The Trophy Presentation Dinner for the City*ball was held Gaythorne Bowls Club on Saturday 12th October 2019..
Gaythorne Bowls Club offers the opportunity for any budding dancers to join our local group of line dancers on Friday Morning from 10.30 am to 1.00 pm. All ages and abilities welcome.
At the moment we do not have a Chef at the Club so we are unable to provide any sample menu's. What we are intending to do in the short term is provide a list of Outside Caterers with contact details who are willing to provide quotations for function catering.
Catering can be provided by Leanne White, who also caters for the Gaythorne Bowls Club.
Leanne can be contacted by phone
Mobile - 0409 891 455
Also for more info and some yummy photos see: https://www.instagram.com/leannewhitecatering/?hl=en