Gaythorne Bowls Club are commencing FREE Introductory LEARN TO BOWL Sessions as part of the Brisbane city Council GOLD program
As from Tuesday the 4th August 2020, Gaythorne Bowls club will be starting Tuesday Afternoon Mufti Bowling.
We are introducing Tuesday afternoon bowls from 1.00pm to 4.15pm, with a break at 2.15pm for tea/coffee & biscuits.
The format will be self-select triples & pairs if there is an odd number.
Single entries are most welcome.
The dress code is mufti. It is open to both males & female players at a cost of $15.
To play Tuesdays– please put your name on list on the notice board at the Club
or phone the club from 11.00am on the day on 3855 2725.
We are trying to discourage walk-ins as it makes it difficult for the selectors to sort out teams..
On the first Tuesday of every month it will be a club selected triples game.
This will enable the Gaythorne & Ashgrove Bowls Clubs to get to know each other & better integrate moving forward.
In summary -
Tuesday Afternoon Bowling
1.00pm – 4.15pm (break at 2.15pm)
Tea & biscuits during break
Dress Code - Mufti
Triples & pairs for numbers
All are welcome Good bowling
A Chef / Entrepreneur is wanted to provide catering services for Gaythorne Bowls, Sports and Community Club at 18 Prospect St., Mitchelton.
There is also the opportunity to establish an ongoing coffee shop /cafe / restaurant or food preparation business in conjunction with the catering services.
Gaythorne Bowls Club contains a fully fitted out and operational catering kitchen.
This adjoins the main hall area which is fully airconditioned.
Current COVID-19 capacity is 70 persons.
The facility provides a completely alternate and different setting with old world charm and atmosphere.
An outdoor BBQ area is also available for catering use.
We are seeking a flexible ‘up and go’ type person to develop and manage a range of catering services options, to be provided on a regular and as needed basis.
Dear Member and Friends of Gaythorne Bowls Club.
The Gaythorne Bowls and Community Club has now reopened as of 3rd July 2020
However, we are in a ‘NEW NORMAL’ situation as COVID-19 Phase 3 restrictions still apply.
What does ‘NEW NORMAL mean?
Essentially all parts of the club are open including the bar area, all bowling activities can resume under normal playing conditions, competitions can resume, there will be a return to wearing club uniform for Saturday bowls, and other users of our facilities can return.
However, social distancing restrictions are still in place and these can be legally enforced by the police issuing on the spot fines. Social distancing must be observed at all time, and this applies to on the greens, as well as outside and inside the club house.
We have been informed that over recent weeks the police have visited a number of bowls clubs in the area to check that COVID restrictions are being observed.
Also, there are restrictions on the number of people allowed inside the clubhouse at one time.
Please read the two documents which set out the NEW NORMAL operating levels for people using our Club and Bowling Greens. We have also added these guidelines to each section of the Web Site.
For Opening times please have a look at our Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/gaythournebowlsclub/
COVID-19 General Advice for Level 3 Restrictions (3rd July 2020):
- People who have COVID-19 symptoms or have had contact with a known or suspected case of COVID-19 or travelled internationally in the last 14 days, must not come to the Club.
- To fully comply with Queensland Government regulation in regard to COVID-19 tracing, all club members must complete the attendance sheet at the main entrance to club, including in and out times, every time you come to the club. This is a condition of entry.
- Government on-the-spot- fines for not social distancing are still in force. These are $1334 for individuals and $6,670 for businesses (our Club).
- The detection of a positive COVID-19 case in a sporting or recreation club or organisation will result in a standard public health response, which could include quarantine of a whole large group of people, and their close contacts, for the required period, and closure of the facility.
FOR BOWLERS ON AND AROUND THE GREENS
- Bowlers must practice social distancing of 1.5 metres, at all times.
- On the greens, 1.5 metres physical distancing rule is to be observed. Use marks on the rink, as indicators for appropriate separation.
- Bowlers should bring their own water bottles.
- Bowlers should as much as practicable remain outside the clubhouse.
- No hand shaking.
- Only one bowler at a time should be at ‘the head’ to give instructions or to measure.
- Do not touch another person’s bowls or lifter. Use your feet to move bowls or jack.
- Other bowls equipment cannot be shared between players (e.g. bowls, measures).
- Players should practice safe hygiene at all times, including use of hand sanitiser and washing hands before, during and after bowls.
- Mats and Jacks to be sprayed and wiped with sanitiser after play, and before storage in box.
- Bowlers rolling up when the club is closed, must register their name on the sheet on the front door of the club.
Gaythorne Bowls Club wishes ALL Members and Friends a Happy and Healthy New Year
On Friday nights at Gaythorne Bowls Club we are running an 8 Ball pool Jackpot competition which is open to all.
Gaythorne Bowls Club is hoping to turn Friday Nights into the place to be for a Social meeting with friends and work mates. We are offering a range of pub type activities.
ALSO IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THAT SPECIAL VENUE FOR YOUR NEXT SOCIAL OR WORK FUNCTION.
HAVE A LOOK AT THE "FUNCTIONS" SECTION OF OUR WEB PAGE FOR MORE DETAILS AND A BOOKING FORM.
Gaythorne Jackpot 8 Ball Pool Competition
This competition is OPEN to ALL. Names to the Organizer, usually Graham between 6 and 7.00pm. Play starts prompt at 7.00pm.
Pool competition cost 5.00dollars per person and jackpot entry is one dollar. See the attached flyer for details of the jackpot.
Darts at Gaythorne
We have three competition dart boards at the club and a range of darts at the bar. Bring your friends and own darts and have yourselves a competition to improve your game.
All in all Gaythorne Bowls is a great place to relax and unwind after work. have a drink from our bar meal and maybe a game of 8 Ball, barefoot bowls or Darts.
For bookings Please contact Gaythorne Bowls Club on 07 3855 2725 or 07 3355 2048. The address is
18 Prospect Road Mitchelton.
This Production has been cancelled due to lack of ticket Sales. Those few who have bought tickets will be refunded within the next week or so.
We appologise to those wonderful people in the Inside/Outside Theatre company for any inconvenience we have caused to their busy production Schedule.
Our next theatre production at Gaythorne Bowls Club is on on Saturday 28th September
This is an Inside/Outside Theatre production of :
Tour de 40's
This is a beautiful poignant, funny. and though provoking Journey through Europe and the USA during Word War 11.
It feature 40 songs with many modern songs arranged to suit the period.
It has three wonderful female characters supported by some great emerging male actors and many dance routines.
A show not to be missed.
We have posted more information on our Facebook page with details of how and where to book.
Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/gaythournebowlsclub/
For those of you who need the info NOW see the Facebook extract below.
Inside Outside Theatre Company production of Tour de 40's will be coming to Gaythorne Bowls Club on Saturday 28th September 2019.
This is a sentimental journey of stories, songs and dance from the 40s era. Told by a troupe of multi-talented actor/singers, with a small live band.
The production will also explore the havoc caused by WW2 on both sides of the Atlantic with a particular focus on the changing roles of women in society.
The music of the 1940s ranges from patriotic war ballads to jazz and swing and remains popular across a wide age range. The show will evoke memories for some and educate others so the audience will encompass adults of all ages.
Tickets will be available from :
TryBooking site from Friday 16th August 2019.
Inside/Outside Theatre Company from the same date